Saturday, December 22, 2007

So.....about cleaning up all that debris


There's a buttload of downed wood in both my front and back yards. The front yard is filled with the remains of the pecan tree. Breaks my heart to look out there. It's always been one of my favorite places to sit, out in the front yard under the pecan tree on a soft summer day. It was so beautiful. Sunshine chasing shadow all around my home. All the downed wood has been cut into lengths that can be hauled to the curb.

In the backyard are the downed remains of a peach tree, a baby pecan tree, and an apple tree. Because they grew along the fence line, and because the fence line between mine and my neighbor's land follows the line of the electrical connections, the tree trimmers and linemen came into my backyard and cut down all my trees. I guess they figure they don't have to worry about them growing into the electrical lines ever now. They also cut down all the weeping willow that was hanging over my backyard from my neighbor's tree. They were literally laying on the electrical lines, frozen in ice. So there's all that debris to haul. It all just makes me so sad. It's like this all over the city. Thousands of trees broken. I've never seen anything like this. Not ever. I hate it.

I walked into the backyard to begin the process of hauling all that shit out of there. My yard looks naked. :o( I walked into the front yard. The pecan tree looks like a wounded warrior, spearing the sky with broken and splintered arms. No more sunshine chasing shadow. I think I'm going to lose the whole tree. There's not enough left to salvage it, I'm told.

This sucks.

2 comments:

nina michelle said...

"No more sunshine chasing shadow"

that alone kills me. i am so sorry hon. (((hugs)))

Middle Girl said...

Ack! ! ! So, so sorry.